1. Project “Child and Adolescent Clinic Online Services”
2. The owner of the project
- Assistant Professor Kaewta Nopmaneejumruslers, M.D.
- Mrs. Tamara Sumalrot
3. Background and Significance of the Project
The Children and Adolescents Clinic is responsible for public knowledge and academic service. It is also responsible for providing developmental promotional services at an early time to children who have experienced problems from birth to adolescence. This early intervention allows for an opportunity to reduce the potential future challenges the children may have and lead them to grow into upstanding quality citizens.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Children and Adolescent Clinics had to adjust their operations to be consistent with the safety of the users and providers. Therefore, we organized an online service. Within this service, clients send clips of children who need to consult with the doctor and therapist. These clips are evaluated and then advice is given through a VIDEO Call. From this service, the clients can receive continuous treatment while reducing the risk of COVID-19 infections and reducing the time and distance restrictions.
4. Operations Process
- 1. The old patients can call or line to make an appointment for treatment by informing their names. On the other hand, if it’s a new patient, the staff will send documents to fill out the information via email and make an appointment again
4.2 Type of services Consulting
- The service in this form is related to developmental and mental health consulting. The doctor will VIDEO Call and giving advice to the patients.
2. Providing the knowledge through an online application. This type of the service is divided into 3 types as follows:
3. Promoting the developmentally delay and Special needs children
We provide the knowledge services and techniques to promote child development, such as “I Care Skills for child care worker” “Children with Autism Deep Analysis Connecting to the World”. We providing information on a total of 6 topics. This service is proper for parents and we accept 10 persons per round.
2. Teacher Classroom
We provide the knowledge, services, and techniques to take care of the children in the classroom such as the emotional and social support of children, understanding student behavior, and so on. We providing the information on a total of 5 topics. This service is proper for teachers and we accept 10 persons per round.
3. Parents Classroom
Before we start running the Parents Classroom, Child and Adolescent Clinic has organized a forum on “Family Discussion” to discuss and exchange the information between family and staff about the information that the family needs the clinic to support. When we receive the information from this forum, we will start running the Parents Classroom. The parents can use this knowledge to take care of their children with developmental delays/special needs and take care of their mental health. After that, we will provide the knowledge to the public and make the course free.
4. Evaluate this online service via Google form to improve our service for the next time.
5. Result of the Project
- The clients can receive continuous treatment.
- The clients who are far away or live upcountry can access the service.
- Providing knowledge about child development to the various groups such as a parent, teacher or related persons
- During knowledge sharing, we allow the participants to exchange their experiences with each other.
6. Outcome/ Benefit
- Normal children, developmentally delayed children, and special needs children receive proper care.
- Parents, teachers, or caregivers have ways to take care of the children so they can reduce their stress.
After we run the online service, we have a lot of parents join us especially for “Parent Classroom service”. According to this feedback, the Child and Adolescent Clinic plan to develop further services for the benefit of children and parents in the future.
8. Others that are important to the project